This salad is bursting with all the fall flavors! A simple mix of crispy roasted sweet potato, sweet crunchy apple slices, along with savory walnuts, and drizzled with a slightly sweet dressing. This recipe will be sure to satisfy for lunch or dinner! Get creative by adding some quinoa or chicken for a protein punch. This recipe supports the Phase 2 diet plan. This recipe makes 1 serving at 330 calories.
- 1-2 Cups spinach
- 1/2 Apple (chopped)
- 1-2 Tbs walnuts or pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup roasted sweet potato or butternut squash
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 and prep baking sheet with aluminum foil and cooking spray.
- 2. Cut sweet potato or squash into 1 inch cubes and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Roast sweet potato or squash for about 30 minutes (flipping halfway).
- 4. Place all ingredients in a large Tupperware, cover and shake to mix well. Place on a plate to serve and enjoy!
8 Habits for Weight Loss and a Healthier Lifestyle
Your HMR Diet Plan: An Easy-to-Follow Formula
Gear Up for Day 1: Meal Planning and Shopping